8 Reasons Customer Retention Increases Profitability
Published on: 20th June 2017
By PYXI CRM Team
After reviewing the infographic, we can highlight the key reasons why customer retention leads to increased profitability.
These are as follows;
- The cost of acquisition occurs only at the beginning of a relationship: the longer the relationship, the lower the amortized cost.
- Account maintenance costs decline as a percentage of total costs (or as a percentage of revenue).
- Long term customers tend to be less inclined to switch and also tend to be less price sensitive. This can result in stable unit sales volume and increases in dollar-sales volume.
- Long term customers may initiate free word of mouth promotions and referrals.
- Long term customers are more likely to purchase ancillary products and high-margin supplemental products.
- Long term customers tend to be satisfied with their relationship with the company and are less likely to switch to competitors, making market entry or competitors’ market share gains difficult.
- Regular customers tend to be less expensive to service because they are familiar with the processes involved, require less “education”, and are consistent in their placement.
- Increased customer retention and loyalty makes the employees’ jobs easier and more satisfying. In turn, happy employees feed back into higher customer satisfaction in a virtuous circle.
PYXI CRM is customer experience and relationship management software. PYXI helps you improve the experience your customers have with your business.
PYXI CRM Team: 20th Jun 2017 17:19:00
Subscribe to our
Weekly GDPR Newsletter.
It's full of really useful updates
for UK small businesses.
ICO Q2 Data Security Incident Trends
The ICO's figures for Q2 show that the most frequently reported data security incident relates to disclosure of data. The ICO's website has published information about Q2 2018-19's data security incidents by type and sector, and the single mo... click to read more