What is a Data Protection Officer?
Published on: 13th May 2018
By PYXI GDPR Team
- DPOs assist you to monitor internal compliance, inform and advise on your data protection obligations, provide advice regarding Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs) and act as a contact point for data subjects and the supervisory authority.
- The DPO must be independent, an expert in data protection, adequately resourced, and report to the highest management level.
- A DPO can be an existing employee or externally appointed.
- In some cases several organisations can appoint a single DPO between them.
- DPOs can help you demonstrate compliance and are part of the enhanced focus on accountability.
PYXI GDPR Team: 13th May 2018 20:42:00